Walking the walk – 3 years of ISO accreditation
South Coast based installation business Newview is celebrating 3 years of ISO accreditation. Having begun the process back in 2018, it is confirmation that their systems and commitment to quality have endured the test of time.
Rigorously tested by the British Assessment Bureau (a UKAS-registered assessment company), Newview’s services were found to meet the stringent requirements of ISO 9001:2015 for Quality Management and ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management.
“We are delighted to have been re-accredited with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. What better way to inspire confidence than to be tested against some of the most respected quality standards in the world, and pass with flying colours for three years in a row?”
By working to the highest industry standards for organisational and environmental management, Newview are one of only a few glazing companies in the UK to hold both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations at the same time.
“At Newview, we work on everything from domestic doors and windows to the most complex and demanding commercial installations – and that means we have to be able to clearly demonstrate excellence in everything we do.
We also believe that everyone has the right to live in a healthy and clean environment and continuously look to ensure we’re positively impacting our services, our people, our customers and the environment.”
Why are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 important to our clients?
Both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations help us to stand out from the crowd as a supplier and an employer that values quality and service delivery.
At its core ISO 9001 is a quality accreditation. It gives reassurance that we have robust procedures and processes in place which prioritise quality and continuous improvement.
- The risk management element of our ISO 9001 accreditation provides reassurance to our clients that we are considering our risks, and therefore their risks, and take appropriate action to reduce these.
- The regulatory and legislative requirements of the ISO 9001 accreditation mean that our clients can be confident that we are complying with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- The continuous improvement aspect means that as a business we can demonstrate a clear process for dealing with issues and complaints, and have a proactive approach to resolving them.
- Internal audits and issue logs means that we are more likely to discover and quickly resolve any issues.
ISO 14001 is a standard that contains guidelines for environmental management, allowing us to benchmark our current environmental performance (e.g. energy use, recycling rate, waste created) and set out ways to improve on it.
- ISO 14001 helps us to use less and waste less by improving how we reuse and recycle materials and equipment.
- Reassurance for all our clients that we are continually improving our environmental processes and reducing the carbon footprint of operating the business.
- For commercial clients that have ISO 14001 it means that they are extending the reach of their efforts throughout their supply chain.
- For our residential clients provides peace of mind they are choosing an environmentally responsible installer by backing up our environmental claims with a proven and internationally recognised framework for management, measurement and improvement.
Based in Worthing, West Sussex, Newview is a family firm that, over the last decade, has grown to become a leading independent glazing and home improvement provider in the South East of England, specialising in high-volume quality refurbs and new-build, as well as, more recently, fire door inspection, installation and maintenance
Newview is an increasingly in-demand provider of commercial glazing solutions, with its highest-profile work to date being its contribution to the ongoing Noise Insulation Scheme targeting homes around Heathrow Airport, as well as London City Airport and Network Rail.